We've been working hard to update our risk assessment based on the latest government advice, and after consulting with out staff the final reopening risk assessment is available here.
Whilst we acknowledge that some people may be feeling anxious about the return, we want to reassure you that the benefits of being back in school far outweigh the risks.
All households must socially distance when dropping off and collecting children, and adults should wear face coverings whilst queuing near school entrances. Please avoid gathering near the school and park away from busy entrances if you have to travel by car. Please also check your child’s arrival and collection times carefully – reducing contacts between households is extremely important so it is important you wait at the gate at the correct times.
We have implemented many risk control measures to protect our pupils and staff, but the most important of them are summarised in the following system of controls, broken down between prevention of infection and responses to any identified (or suspected) infection.
1) Minimise contact with individuals who are required to self-isolate by ensuring they do not attend the school.
2) Ensure face coverings are used in recommended circumstances.
3) Ensure everyone is advised to clean their hands thoroughly and more often than usual.
4) Ensure good respiratory hygiene for everyone by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
5) Maintain enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents.
6) Consider how to minimise contact across the site and maintain social distancing wherever possible.
7) Keep occupied spaces well ventilated.
8) Ensure individuals wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) where necessary.
9) Promote and engage in asymptomatic testing, where available.
Response to any infection:
10) Promote and engage with the NHS Test and Trace process.
11) Manage and report confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) amongst the school community.
12) Contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice