We are now a Power of Reading School. Find out more below and on your year group pages.
- a guide to letters and sounds
- letter formation sheet
- literacy curriculum evening 7 3 19
- pronunciation guide
- reading andnphonics info evening presentation 10 10 18
- sounds mats phase 2and3 sept 2016
- sounds mats phase 5 sept 2016
- tricky word bookmarks final
On this page, you will find the Spelling and Punctuation, Grammar and Vocabulary curricula which set out what children in each year group should be taught.
You will also find a number of strategies to help your children learn their spellings, as well as links to websites which might help you with some of the technical grammar terms as well as the official glossary which accompanies the grammar curriculum.
Joint Literacy Lead
New Spelling Curriculum 2014
The phonemes and spellings that are in Appendix 1 of the new National Curriculum are what we as a school have a requirement to teach the children. The spellings your children bring home as part of their home learning will be a combination of these words and those which are similar in pattern or construction, as well as key curriculum vocabulary. Children in Years 2 & 6 will now be assessed against this new curriculum.
New Grammar and Punctuation Curriculum 2014
Below is the grammar and punctuation curriculum against which children in Years 2 and 6 will be nationally assessed. Children in other year groups will be also be assessed to ensure that they are making good progress with regard to their year group objectives.
Try these websites if you are finding some of the terminology or rules a bit baffling, or have a look at the glossary below.
- english appendix 2 vocabulary grammar and punctuation
- spag glossary
- spelling curriculum
- spelling strategies document.pptx
Please find below our school calculation policy.
It is arranged into addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. It shows which methods your child will be using by the end of each year group, although some children will only move onto a new method once they are ready.
Times Table Policy
Please find our times table policy attached below. It shows the progressions of multiplication from Year 1 to Year 4 and we cement that knowledge in Years 5 and 6.
Multiplication Table Check Evening
Please find all content shared from the MTC evening on 15th October 2019. Please see Jack Jarman-Davis or Dawn Arbrey if you have any further questions.
- 3 times table pdf
- calculation policy march 2014
- times table policy
- year 1 curriculum 2015 edited by eh
- year 2 curriculum 2015 edited by eh
- year 3 curriculum 2015 without guidance
- year 4curriculum 2015 without guidance
- year 5curriculum 2015 without guidance
- year 6curriculum 2015 without guidance
- year reception curriculum 2015 edited by eh