Covid secure, and school reopening
We're pleased to say that we are just about ready for our full reopening on Monday 8th March. We are a Covid Secure school and take the protection of our pupils and staff very seriously.
We've been working hard to update our risk assessment based on the latest government advice, and after consulting with out staff the final risk assessment is attached. We have implemented many risk control measures to protect your pupils and staff, but the most important of them are summarised in the following system of controls, broken down between prevention of infection and responses to any identified (or suspected) infection.
The full risk assessment is also available below.
We must always:
1) Minimise contact with individuals who are required to self-isolate by ensuring they do not attend the school.
2) Ensure face coverings are used in recommended circumstances.
3) Ensure everyone is advised to clean their hands thoroughly and more often than usual.
4) Ensure good respiratory hygiene for everyone by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
5) Maintain enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents.
6) Consider how to minimise contact across the site and maintain social distancing wherever possible.
7) Keep occupied spaces well ventilated.
In specific circumstances we must:
8) Ensure individuals wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) where necessary.
9) Promote and engage in asymptomatic testing, where available.
Response to any infection:
We must always
10) Promote and engage with the NHS Test and Trace process.
11) Manage and report confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) amongst the school community.
12) Contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice