The school was inspected on the 19th September 2017.
After visiting on that day, it was decided that the school did not require a further day of inspection.
It was judged that Cotham Gardens Primary School (previously known as Colston's Primary School) is a 'Good' school.
To view our report see below:
Here are some of the key findings:
- The school has continued to improve because leaders know the school’s strengths and areas to improve.
- Colston’s Primary is an inclusive school where pupils’ cultural diversity is a strength of the school’s distinctive character. One pupil said that the best thing about Colston’s Primary is that ‘everyone is different and unique in their own way’.
- Teachers set high expectations and pupils live up to these in and around school.
- The school community places the utmost importance on keeping pupils safe.
- Leaders at all levels are ambitious for the pupils and are highly effective at improving outcomes.
Next steps for the school:
Leaders and those responsible for governance should ensure that:
- leaders continue to improve outcomes and attendance for disadvantaged pupils
- teachers use assessment information when teaching key skills, knowledge and understanding to accelerate the progress of pupils from lower starting points.